An exciting new opportunity has opened up at TOWER, Cape Town.
TOWER manufactures and markets a range of self-adhesive office, home and kids’ activities through respected retailers in Southern Africa and other countries.
TOWER seeks a highly self-motivated, inquisitive and persistent individual who will be responsible for effectively driving the development and promotion of the TOWER Kids category globally.
- Tertiary Qualification – Degree in Marketing or a Technical degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Product Management or New Product Development
- FMCG product experience
- International marketing experience – advantageous
- Experience in the Toy or Education industry – advantageous
- Must be willing to travel internationally
- Assertiveness/ Drive
- Planning, Organising & Accuracy
- Capable of working in a pressurised environment while remaining calm
- Project Management Skills
- Packaging understanding – Understand packaging development processes and
- Computer literacy
- Cost Analysis skills
- Negotiating skills
- Work with suppliers to create and deliver excellent products that are in line with the category objectives and addresses the market needs.
- Ensure country specific compliance for relevant product ranges. Work with Compliance companies.
- Analyse competitor activity in countries that we operate (Market research).
- Follow the prescribed workflow method in coordination with all internal and external stakeholders to deliver product launches on time.
- Conduct post launch analysis and communicate and implement learnings in the relevant countries.
- Project manage new products (physical product and packaging development) from concept through to market.
- Negotiating with suppliers on delivery dates and price to achieve target margin.
- Create and deliver detailed product packaging briefs including all international compliance markings for the designer to carry out.
- Create marketing strategies, including online, achieving profitability, growth and development for the category.
- Work with customers to ensure they have all marketing material, samples and compliance certification they need for the category to succeed in their relevant country.
- Attend industry specific Exhibitions.
- Visit manufacturers to ensure product quality (QC) and build relationships.
Should you feel that you are the ideal candidate, please email your CV to email@example.com. When applying please quote the job title and reference number PYRO075W in the subject line. Should you not quote the reference number, your application will not be viewed.
Should you not hear from us within two weeks of submitting your CV, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please only apply for this position if you meet all of the above criteria